Durham First In Families: Donna
Thank you to Durham First In Families for sharing this story. Donna is one of many individuals served by LUEWWD XI’s beneficiary organization. Please consider making a donation by voting for your favorite arm wrestler online or at the September 20th event. We’d love to see you there! Sign up to volunteer if you can!
Donna, a self-advocate who uses a wheelchair and has a service dog, was in need of a ramp to allow her to enter and exit her home. She also needed a fence for her backyard so her service dog could go outside safely and not run in the street.
Durham FIF partnered with Dickerson Fencing who built Donna a fence, and the Knights of Columbus who built a ramp. Now, Donna has peace of mind – she can access her home and her beloved service dog can play in her yard.
Contributions at any level will make a tangible impact:
· $25 can provide a gas card to support a family with travel to costly medical appointments for their daughter with Down Syndrome
· $50 can give school clothes and school supplies to a young girl with Autism
· $100 can assist with a week of camp for a girl with a Traumatic Brain Injury
· $250 can fund 25 hours of respite for the caregiver of a young woman with Cerebral Palsy
· $500 can assist with a wheelchair repair for a woman with Spina Bifida
Come on out to LUEWWD XI: First in Fight happening on September 20th at Social Games and Brews (1007 W. Main St., Durham, NC).